Sunday, November 10, 2013

HELLO, BETSY!!!!!



 Kaylee is channeling Vanna White here.  That girl loves being in front of the camera, even if it's just her hand.


This is the first project on Betsy.  This is a quilt that Kaylee designed 100% on her own.  I just finished the quilting today and now need to bind it.  I love that she doesn't even care to look at patterns, she just goes for it and designs her own quilt at 6 years old.  Love it.

I made this pillow last month.  It took forever to quilt all of those tiny swirls, but it was a lot of fun and so easy on the Bernina.  This pillow was actually a kit that I won from Andie Johnson Sews.  My first giveaway win!  It only took me a year to get off my arse and make the pillow ;)  Isn't it pretty?



The pattern is easy to follow and the instructions are great!  I learned two new things with this project: 1) use invisible thread for hexagons (it's awesome!) and 2) how to insert an invisible zipper.  I'd never added a zipper this way before and I love it!  Also love the fabrics that Andie sent in this kit, including the Essex yarn dyed linen used as the background on the front.  I love every single fabric.  Thanks again, Andie!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! And the quilting - it's amaze balls! Good stuff, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning invisible zippers is awesome, handy for more projects! very pretty addition for the house.


    tiara

    ReplyDelete